This policy sets out how Astor Hostels will gather and use any information about you.
The policy is effective from March 1st 2013, but we reserve the right to make any changes to the policy without notice.
We may collect the following information during your reservation with us:
• Full Name
• Contact information including telephone and email address
• Demographic information such as gender, age, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to Customer Service
What we do with the information we gather
• We require this information to understand your needs and provide a better service to future guests of Astor Hostels.
• We may use the information to improve our Products and Services.
• We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• We may use the information to Customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to do this, we have employed safeguards within our website, as well as on site, to ensure your date is kept secure at all times.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
Astor Hostels London guarantee that it will not sell, pass on or give away any information to a third party, for marketing purposes or otherwise, unless we are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Astor Hostels London at Unit 1 Berghem Mews, Blythe Road, London, W10 0HN
If you believe that any information we are holding about you on record is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address.