The best comedy clubs in London
In our last post, the lovely staff of Astor Queensway gave us some hints on cool things to do in London without having to plan for (if you missed it, you can read it by clicking here).
For all the comedy fans, here are some places you need to visit if you’re in London. Also for these events you don’t need to be a big planner: all you need to do is showing up at the venue on time and have fun!
Comedy at the Camden head
Britain is famous for its unique dry comedy and bad jokes; here you can finally encounter the sense of humour Britain is so famous for. The Camden head put on events every day this summer and so as a traveller bad at planning you could easily stumble into one of these events on an evening you forgot to plan anything!
Below we have listed the events for you (just in case you feel a rare moment of organisation)
MONDAY NIGHT COMEDY CLUBS
– Rrrants. First Monday of each month [Comedy, poetry, ranty people, open mic]
– The Awkward Silence and Special Guests. Second Monday of each month [until Mar 2014].
– New Material Flashmob. Hosted by Sara Pascoe. Third Monday of each month.
– Targit / Robair. Ben Target and John Luke Roberts preview new material. Last Monday of each month.
TUESDAY NIGHT COMEDY CLUBS
– This Is Not A Cult. Hosted by Alexander Bennett. First Tuesday of each month.
– The Uncliquables. Live podcast recording. Second Tuesday of each month.
– Mae Martin and guests. Third Tuesday of each month.
– Yada Yada K. Improv from C3467X and guests. Last Tuesday of each month.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT COMEDY CLUBS
– Abi Roberts’ Musical C.I.D. Abi interviews a guest about their musical tastes. First Wednesday of each month.
– Shambles. Harry Deansway and guests preview new material. Second Wednesday of each month. [until Apr 2014]
– Natural Born Storytellers. Real life stories from real people (not always comedy). Third Wednesday of each month.
– The Uncliquables. Live podcast recording. Fourth Wednesday of each month.
THURSDAY NIGHT COMEDY CLUBS
– Comedy Back Rub. Sarah Campbell and friends. Second Thursday each month.
– Pun Size/Bec Hill and In Cahoots. Alternating every couple of months on the third Thursday of each month. See our listings.
FRIDAY NIGHT COMEDY CLUBS
– Laugh Out London. First Friday of each month.
– The Rubiks – A Night In Your Head. Improv. Second Friday of each month.
– Bite Me! Comedy Jam. Hosted by The Under Dogs. Third Friday of each month.
SATURDAY NIGHT COMEDY CLUBS
– Hampstead Comedy Club. Every Saturday night.
– If you have read this far then you really do feel like being organised (for which we are very proud) and hopefully we will see you at one of these events!
Brit – Astor Queensway